12-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #51
rkr1214
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Frozen Black Comp F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
I really doubt that is the stock S54 exhaust. Anyone that has been around a stock E46 M3 knows it sounds like a resonated tin can. Anyone recall the RaspX? They sold those to remove the raspiness from the exhaust note.

E9X people can hold onto to the S65's for the sound. That is fine. The F8X is more than its exhaust note and as a whole package, is in every way a better car. It just has a "different" exhaust note. What did you expect, it to sound EXACTLY like the S65? At least it makes more torque all the way through the powerband, is 25% more fuel efficient, and isn't as heavy (ie handles better).

I bet these same E9X people will be jumping on the F8X bandwagon in a few years when the current M3/4s start hitting the used car market. This happens with EVERY generation of M car on these forums with people bashing the current gen b/c they have the last gen...so stupid.

The S65 does sound the best of the M3s btw. But if I had to pick my favorite BMW M car exhaust note it would be the S85 V10. Straight up F1 race car sound on a sedan.
Well said!