Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
This week has been weird for me.

Hit 225 x 1, then 225 x 2, then 185 x 8 on bench utilizing the slingshot. I think next week I should be able to hit 215 - 225 on my own which would be huge.

Hit back and bi's last night. Couldn't get my PR of 345 up for 1 rep. Then 315 felt kinda heavy for me. In a weird funk right now.

My thumbs are bothering me from going heavy on bench. I also have a bad tendency to hold the bench via suicide grip.

Annoyed that I'm behind were I should be for deadlift to hit 405 within 2-3 months. I should be at 355/365 right now.

Not trying to preach....but you need to break that habit with the grip on your bench. I've seen way too many accidents and you will really slow down your goals if injured.

Just don't want to see you get hurt. If it helps, remember you are trying to bend the bar in an arc after you are setup and have your scapula retracted..

Obviously the bar isn't bending, but this helps trigger the lat engagement you need to up your bench numbers.

It's tricky to get a feel for it, but once you do it will feel odd when you don't do it.