11-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #14
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
I agree - I'm losing sleep over which colour to choose. I was in the BSM camp (pretty much the only one), then decided to try either MG or AW but seem to have fallen in love with LBB
I was very lucky.. I was one of only a dozen people that was able to see all three colors on the assembly line before the car was available. (see video in my sig)
However.. even walking around the factory there were plenty of VO cars and AW cars. We did not see a BSM until the final reveal in a private room.

I have always loved black cars.. when I saw the rear of the 1M in black... I.. and the German gal that was part of the 12, ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE with the car from the rear. As I returned to the states and got on forums.. it was funny to then later see people make comments like

" black is hard to keep clean" and "black makes the lines of the car disappear " #WHATEVA! when it looks FUCKING BADASS... there is nothing left to say besides... no one else has to keep it clean.. I do!

If you tend towards black cars... don't be swayed by others. I'm actually rather happy to have a black car as it is much more rare than the other colors.

The original E30 M3 came in red, white , henna, diamond black and silver. Red and black cars are quite common.. but the two silver versions and henna are very rare to come by. Sure.. it's not gonna be common to see a bunch of M2s parked at an event.. but if you show up a local cars and coffee event or car show.. ... I can GA-RON-TEE that there will be plenty of AW and LBB M2s. I think it's already safe to assume that LBB will not even be rare among BMWs.. just as VO was not. Valencia Orange ended up on the 1M... Mini Coopers, the 228.. and the X1. So it's not even a rare color to see. LBB is rare now.. but we know it will be on a ton of cars already.. it's on the X5 and X6M.. the M2.. the X1 I believe.. and probably will appear on some other vehicles also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Looks better at night than during the day, but I'm still going with MG
Good call! my personal opinion is that Anyone going with BSM or MG on the M2 will own an even rarer bird..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 11-05-2015 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 3