10-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
I have no trouble with someone reusing an image, so long as it's never been a winner in our contests.

I don't find anything "lazy" about trying to make good images. I stand for hours at the edge of a swamp, with mesquitoes nawing on my ears and sinking into the mud while trying to get a bird in flight in perfect focus, with perfect light and, if I'm real lucky, with a nice reflection or something like the moon setting in the background.

I think the poll kind of takes care of things. We all know a half-assed image when we see it, particularly for the 2d or 3d time. Hopefully we'll have plenty of images to chose from. I think we're off to a good start.

This isn't an "assignment" style contest, IMHO, where a particular style of photo is suggested and you go out and do it. That is a good and valid learning experience, but I'm thinking of this as a place to show interesting images that fit a theme.

Of course, the "winner" of this contest may decide to give us an "assignment" and limit the contest to new images. Of course, it's easy to edit EXIF data, but the honor system could work.

Dave