View Single Post
      03-19-2022, 07:44 PM   #32
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My only buyer's remorse was the boat that I bought in the late 1980's. It was only one year old (used) when I bought it from a boat dealer, and nothing but headaches from the day that I picked it up. I wouldn't call it a lemon, because that would imply that others that were built were good. The manufacturer used such cheap materials and nothing marine-grade, and the whole thing literally fell apart.

I do have non-buyer's remorse on one thing, though. Back in 1995, I was offered the mother-of-all deals on a brand new E36 M3. The sales manager of a BMW dealership got burned by a customer, who special-ordered the car with every single option that could be removed deleted from the order and then backed out after the car was delivered to the dealership. Nobody in their right mind coming to the dealership from off the street would want a car with every option deleted, except someone who wanted the lightest car possible to race it. Go figure. The deal that I was offered to "make that car go away" was so good that no sane person would turn it down...but I did.....
I've had that happen to me a few times now! I was just talking about it with a friend earlier today but she remembered how I lucked out on my 2016 M3. I wanted a F80 but it had to be 6mt. Was at dealership sitting in my SA's office where we were about to put in a build (literally no manuals were sitting on any lots) when there's all this yelling and screaming from inside the dealership. Long story short, customer did an individual build M3. It arrived to LA finally after the obligatory 16weeks and customer flew down from SF to collect his new car. When they pulled his car out when he arrived, all was great except? The car was manual and he had ordered dct, lol. Even though they offered all these crazy discounts on the car he couldn't take it because he didn't know how to drive stick lol. I just happened to be right place right time and I remember my SA looking at me and saying - "I need you to go buy me a lotto ticket." Car had just about every option I wanted, in the exterior and interior color I was going to order and so I ended up leaving within 30 mins in that M3.

'21 Monster 937+ Was looking for an older Ducati (S2r) and I stumbled across a '21 with 408 miles. I was confused cuz it was at a BMW Motard dealership so I called. They had a customer who felt it was too much bike and turned it in for something different. They didn't know what to do with it (German and British only) and willing to basically let it for for nothing. So all fees, tax license reg + crate fees from SF to LA? 11K all in. Yes to that all day every day.
Buug95917721.50
vreihen1615465.00
540iSUP704.00
KRS_SN13607.00