View Single Post
      11-26-2022, 09:28 PM   #72
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Translated :
Shaila-Ann Rao was also the person who called Horner, one hour after Max Verstappen had won his second Formula 1 title of his career in Japan, that Red Bull was in breach
Was this done by chance ? Coincidence ? I don't think so ..
Is such an important task not the FIA president Mohammed Ahmed Bin Sulayem's job to call the Red Bull team boss Horner and to proclaim a violation in the Red Bull budget cap ?
Or was this not important enough for the FIA president ? I don't think so ..
The article you quote says literally: "No proof has surfaced that Rao would have leaked regarding this [aspect]."

Name:  rao.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  62.2 KB

Timeline:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...qhU1wYuGY.html

We do not know what has been agreed internally at FIA about communication regarding the cost cap topic (who, to whom, when and what). IMHO it ain't illogical that a person in charge of an assignment is also appointed to communicate about findings to those concerned, rather than the FIA President himself. We al know that CEO's of companies delegate lots of tasks. And as a matter of fact, there is never a perfect moment for bringing bad news: no-one wants to get bad news. If it had been communicated prior to achieving the WDC title, some people will say that it was "deliberate" timing to destabilize the team. If done after the WDC title, some people will say that it was 'spoiling the fun of achieving the WDC title', etc.

The message I try to get across: beware of confirmation bias. Rao is presumed innocent until proven guilty. To my knowledge I have nowhere read that it is established that she has violated confidentiality rules. Also the mere fact that she leaves the interim position at FIA, is no proof. Numerous reasons could be a cause for departure, such as for example having completed a pre-defined assignment, or providing assistance during a transitional period, or teams expressing a preference for a person who was never part of an F1 team in the recent past, or the choice for a career change, or disliking the FIA job, or family reasons, or disliking all (social) media attention related to the job (folks gone rogue, troll armies attacks, privacy violations, etc.), etc.