11-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #233
OG Shark
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Post Race Thoughts:

1) Abu Dhabi is a terrible track
2) Max making it look way too easy - usurps Schumacher and Vettel by 2 for most wins in a season!
3) Very confused by the social media response to Max and Checo this race - what more did they expect from Max? Checo chose a two stop, Checo wasn't fast enough. The team gave him the keys to the weekend and he blew it. He makes a lot of excuses for why he's underachieving some expectations. I think he's doing exactly what Red Bull needs to him to do and this narrative that he can fight Max for the championship needs to stop because that's what is creating most of the toxicity
4) Ferrari didn't screw up - incredible
5) I though Mick and Latifi's performance in this race reinforced the decisions made by their teams. Mick's crash into Latifi was more sloppy than what we see from Lance Stroll and Latifi's pace just doesn't improve
6) Lando low-key overachieving that terrible car
7) Lewis does the exact same thing to Carlos that he did to Max last year except this time he had to give the position back - funny how a season chock full of gifts to Lewis by the FIA gets swept under the rug
8) Daniel and Horner have both admitted that unless something catastrophic happens, he will be with Red Bull in 2023 as a third/special driver
9) We're finally going to have an American in F1 next year - congrats to Logan
Very happy to see this but unfortunately feel like he is set up for failure with Williams

Hadn't seen the negative about Max & Checo from this race - that's ridiculous. Brazil yeah even though we don't know what is happening behind the scenes that probably could have gone better. Swapping positions is one thing - slowing down P1 to hamper P2 is completely different. That would really cheapen PER taking P2 for the championship. PER just has to be faster there - his car is capable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-grif View Post
NASCAR had 19 different race winners this year.
Nascar on the road courses is pretty fun to watch. I still think the roundy rounds are a bit tough to sit through though. Definitely more open overall but the road courses tend to have the same few always at the top. Indy can be a good watch too but same thing for me road > round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
The only way Merc comes back with their "slim body + giant cantilevered floor" is if Merc influences more changes for next year's car. With the current regulations, that car will not compete for championships.
I still think Merc is more competitive than Fer next year. VER then Merc the Fer & PER. Back to another situation where Max is battling the Mercs pretty much on his own again. But this time with a better car.
NYG10571.50
DrFerry6722.50