MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I'm using Canon, but I've heard nothing but great things about Kinko. Make certain that the model you buy still allows for comunication between the body and lens and transmission of EXIF data. I think you're talking around 100-bucks. You can buy a "set" for more, but 25mm is versatile enough for your first experiments with macro.

If you have to MF it's not the end of the world in macro, because you usually focus by setting the camera and then moving the whole shebang in and out fromt he subject. My Canon will AF with my Canon lenses and bodies, which does help some, but I often have to override the AF and go manual to get the right part of the subject in focus.

Dave
I know it'll be a sharpening difference between the prime macro lens and this option; but I have a hard time justifying such an expense (105mm macro) for the use I would make of it.

Since they have no optics, I wonder what the Kenko set does that the noname $10 set does not?

Is it all about AF? I couldnt care more about having to manual focus while in Macro; I always do anyway!

What do you think about those? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macro-Extens...item3357ec7ad2

I know I took the worse possible example, but I took those just to get your point fully.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]