Banned
Rep

Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
You are not bat shit crazy.

But you took offence when I told you to seek counselling to speak about things that bother you so you could resolve their root cause. Everybody benefits from counselling, not only "damaged" people. And it would be much better than asking advice from strangers on a car forum.

That was probably the best advice I've given, and I was truthful when I gave it. But I think you were only offended by it. What can I do...

You're not crazy. You've been through rough stuff, as many of us have. Talking about it with somebody who has your interests at heart and is licenced to do it would be great for you. Not only for you. For everybody who seeks counselling.
I cant do it. I cant afford it.
Some health insurance plans cover some of it... You don't have to pay out of pocket to go to sessions.

I have, I speak from experience. I have friends who are psychologists, and their biggest pet peeve is to hear the misconception that they only deal with "crazy". They go to sessions themselves (they understand how beneficial it is).

Or move to Canada and pay a little tax like we do and get medical coverage. I can host you (ok that's a joke, chill out). But seriously, there are options.

The biggest concern I have is that you may not be the best mom your child will need if you're not at your best. Think about it, it's hard doing it on your own (dealing with shit), and the child has the right to have the best possible. Not saying you're a bad mom, far from it, but that kids "sense" fear, problems, traumas, that kind of thing.

Sell the car and buy insurance. It's not like you're poor... You have horses and boats. Cmon... You're making it very hard to pitty you with the FWP of not being able to afford care driving a new BMW...