View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #24
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep

Drives: BMW 330i 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
It will be available the same way they do it today by extracting it from the ground. People like to associate automobiles with O&G but the truth is that we use byproducts in nearly everything in our day to day lives like chemicals, plastics, lubricants, power generation, heat generation, the asphalt we all drive on, etc. Planes for example emit more pollution than automobiles and there's no electric solution for them. Despite what the fear-mongers preach O&G is going away anytime soon so indeed keep your jewel car for restoration.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that if electric cars become so prevalent that no one in their right mind would even want to buy an ICE (think 500 miles per charge, charge 100 miles in 5 minutes, why would you even consider an ICE car at this point with higher operating costs and maintenance?), then getting gasoline may become difficult to obtain at retail, because gas stations would just disappear. Just the way public phone booth have been disappeared by the iPhone. In the next 20 years there will be enough leftover ICE cars to justify having at least one gas station serving any neighborhood. In 40 years they might all be gone and be as exotic as milkman delivery is today.
clee1982797.50