Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
What kind of VW? Outside of an R32 (with a 4wd rear bias), all the FWD VW's, even with heavily modded suspensions will NOT keep up with a stock 135 on the track and I know that because I have both cars (A heavily modded Jetta and a FWD A3) and am a heavy track driver (Laguna Seca, etc.) Although the 1er has a tendency to undertsteer a tad, it grips much harder and more confidently than any modded suspentionh VW I've ever driven. (I've been an avid VAG customer for over 15 years; MKIV, Jetta, B5 S4, R32, A3) and these cars will not even hold a candle to the 135i in stcok form on the corners...not sure where you're getting this..anyhow, at high speeds, on after market suspension, the fwd car will feel more stable than a 1er. That's where it all ends. Take it for what it's worth. Cheers.

Yeah, I though the VW comment was "uninformed". If you browse any of the VW forums you see a great deal of respect for the 135i.