View Single Post
      07-27-2023, 05:40 PM   #36
flyinb501
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Looks great! Congratulations. Where did you find the car listed for sale? Dealer, cargurus, private party, something else?
I actually started a thread on MBWorld, and one of the members contacted me and told me he would be selling his car. I flew out that weekend to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Decent F80/F82 can be found at the top of that range. You cannot have a better all around car for the money. It’s got it all.
I think I will keep this one for 2 years and an F80 will be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Reminds me of my 11.

It does fall into the headbolt problem group though, so hopefully its already done or you plan to do so.
Yes, I know and I had originally ruled out pre face lift cars partly because of that. The headbolts have not been done on this car, and I haven't decided yet if I will do them or not. I'm honestly not too worried personally, but may just have it done for resale puposes. We'll see.

This is what the previous owner told me:

"There is so much misinformation about it... All affected cars (only about 1 or 2 percent of all M156 ever built) are high mile and bad maintenance record. If they fail, it's a slow process that can be spotted early by finding traces of coolant in the oil. I analyze the oil after an oil change, no coolant, no problem. My dealership has never seen a car with failed bolts. So I simply don't worry about it.
And I have the warranty on top. If it makes you nervous, 2 grand at an independent shop replaces the bolts with the uprated ones. I am a master mechanic, and very anal about warming the engine up and changing oil more frequent than the manufacturer recommends. 2500rpm max until the oil temp gauge stops blinking, oil change every 3-4 thousand miles. Ceratec every 2nd oil change.
I have every single maintenance record from new for the car."
chassis6625.50