View Single Post
      02-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: '06 330i Slvr/Gray Prem/Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven View Post
what kinda tv do you have. I have a samsung 50" 1080P DLP TV. a 250 dollar HDMI cable, and a ps3. I have 13 Blu Ray movies, and am really disappointed. A few scenes looks awesome, mostly CGI and animated stuff. but some scenes look sooo bad. really fuzzy and snowy. my friend who works for sound advice says its because my tv is too big and i sit too close to it. its in my bedroom, but im like 6 feet away from my eyes. The very first blu ray movie i got was ricky bobby, i put the dvd in the dvd player and the blu ray in the PS3 and was switching back and forth and saw NO difference. I think i might need a better tv. like a plasma to really see the difference.
If 1080p is your TVs native resolution, your TV will upconvert a normal DVD to that standard. That's why you won't see much difference switching back and forth. Some TVs do it better than others, and it sounds like yours is one of those that does a 'better' job of it.

I look at the PS3 this way: A decent Blu-ray player is going to cost $800+ right now, and you can get a PS3 for around the same price or less. In my opinion they had to cut corners somewhere, and since the PS3 is designed to be a gaming system, my guess is the corners got cut on the Blu-ray side of the unit.