View Single Post
      12-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #29
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
As for never meant to be the best watch around, I'm not exactly sure what your referring to. They were probably meant to be a fine tool watch, a reliable device at extreme depth and height.

But I guess one could argue Rolex might/could be the best watch, their cases (no doubt Audemars cases are extremely good) the Rolex 904 steel and the machining for the stems on Rolex. Rolex mainsprings are also extremely good, as are the balance wheels. So Rolex escapements can go up against anything. Is any Tourbillion escapement better than a Rolex escapement ?
the rolex standard movement, 3135 and its variations, is just that, a pretty standard movement especially when put up against many other companies standard movements. The new 3235 that is in the new model watches, is a step up, but it is still a pretty basic movement. Omega, for example, has been smoking Rolex in terms of movements, but that is because they have to. Rolex can get by on just the name where Omega needs to lean on their quality.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
overcoil3068.50
ASAP10058.50
Murf99314114.00