View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 11:22 AM   #62
Anonymous Anomaly
Observer
Rep

Drives: Porsche Taycan 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
I hope they don't get Potter, he might work his magic on that team like he's done at Brighton. However, when i look at Chelsea's squad it's really weird. Let Lukaku go but brought in Auba? How is that an upgrade. Paid a shit ton for both Cucarella and Fofana, good players but meh. Then Kulibaly? Pretty old.
Yeah, Potter won't likely leave but thought it was an interesting rumor. You're right about the weirdness that is Chelsea. Bringing in decent talent but they didn't seem to fit under Tuchel's leadership. Maybe it really was an issue with his coaching style. Rumor has it the locker room environment was not good. Maybe ownership had no alternative but to let him go, especially considering how poorly they've played thus far.

I don't like the players they brought in. I mean Cucarella hasn't done shit. He simply passes the ball back-and-forth with his left foot and that's about it. He's horrible at taking corners. Just don't understand that one at all. Koulibaly has been okay actually. There are worse recent acquisitions IMO. Their keeper Mendy has been terrible. He always tries to be cute with the ball at his feet and pays dearly for it. Inexcusable. He rarely places the ball in an effective location when he gets goal kicks with zero pressure on him. One of the worst I've ever seen, period.

We'll see about Fofana but I think they paid too much for him. I wish they had gotten Frenkie de Jong though he's a midfielder. Auba? I don't get that one at all. Old man and I don't think he's going to be bringing them more goals which is what they desperately need. At least Sterling seems to be working out for them so far.