View Single Post
      02-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
TheNeonTiger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Price Gouging - $10,000 over MSRP at BMW of Dallas

This morning, after the review embargo was lifted, I received and email from Ryan at BMW of Dallas:

"Chris,

Thank you for your e-mail. We still don?t have any allocation available at this time. Due to availability and supply demand, we will charge $10K over MSRP.
The decision has just made from our management and dealership.

Please let me know if we can still proceed.

Thank you,
Ryan Chong"

---

My response:

"Hi Ryan,

This is unacceptable and very disappointing news. I am heavily involved in the BMW forums and will be sharing this information with the community. This is also against BMW North America's policy, and I will be notifying them of your management's decision. You should inform management of the repercussions of price gouging. Unless you will honor the European Delivery MSRP, I will need to be taken off of your list.

Chris"

---

So this sucks big time. I was number 6 on the list and prior to this communication was assured an allocation for a September pickup. Please please do not give these dealers the ability to charge such ridiculous prices.

DO NOT BUT FROM BMW OF DALLAS.

Also, if anyone can help me out with a info on a spot on a wait list that respects their customer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Appreciate 4