View Single Post
      11-28-2015, 06:45 AM   #67
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

So I've had some issues with my camera body (Canon 70D) and kit lens 18-135mm IS STM Lens since I've purchased it back in April 2015.

When taking photos with this lens the left side of the pictures are soft and out of focus, you will see evidence of this throughout my photos on this thread. I brought both he camera body and lens into one of Canons factory here in NJ to have it diagnosed and repaired. The camera and lens was returned to me repaired / adjusted to factory specs according to Canon techs. I tested the camera and found that the left side was still soft and was not satisfied. I returned to Canon and complained about the out of focus on the left side of the photos and a new problem. When looking through the viewfinder and taking a picture I found that the actual photos do not line up. This was also true while taking pictures using the LCD screen. I took the first photo to demonstrate this for the Canon techs.. He took the second picture to confirm.

Canon said that they will look into this and once again repair it to the factory specifications. I just received my camera and lens yesterday and have not had to test the out of focus lens but I did do a quick alignment picture and found that its not centered still. Interestingly it is centered if I take a photo using the screen versus the viewfinder.

I take pictures using the view finder exclusively.

What are your thoughts, should I send in the camera once again to have it repaired or adjusted?
Attached Images