View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #14
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Rep

Drives: '09 M3

Cell phones have already "replaced" watches in that many people don't wear a watch because their cellphone tells the time. This wizardry is simply a 21st century take on the digital casio multifunction watch. Completely a fad, and just another way for them to try to sell us a second cellphone.

Why would I look at my tiny 1" screen on my wrist when I have a 5.7" screen in my pocket? Why would I wear the tiny screen on my wrist all the time, to save a few milliseconds a day pulling out my phone? Also there's no way the watch can match the processing power of the full size device.

Also how often does google or whatever tell you exactly what you want? If it doesn't get it right immediately, you're going to struggle to find what you want on a 1" screen and would have saved time by having a larger user interface. In order to maximize the value of the product, you'll have to tailor your life around the product (which, by the way, will be obsolete every year or two when the next best model comes out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
This will never replace a true watch because it isnt a watch. Its a wearble computer in the shape of a watch. This is a fad for the youth crowd and is the complete opposite of what a luxury time piece is all about. Pass.
Exactly.

Also don't forget the goober factor.