View Single Post
      06-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #14
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Nope - I think a small subset of people can handle the freedom. My sister is one - she has a job that is task oriented so she has X to get done each week and they can easily see when she does or does not. Perfect for WFH. But she has lots of coworkers who are available when they should be, they want to argue about the few meetings a year they have to show up for in person. They just get used to being at home and doing what they want and want to pull together less and less when they need help. Even people she used to work in the office with and were great workers.

I think it is work creep for those that are not truly motivated - which I'd guess to be the majority.

If they could handle it? Hell yeah - saves money and makes employee work/life balance better. But many can't and ruin it for those that can. I have many coworkers who have to be chased as it is - I can't imagine them with no eyes on them.

I'm also a hands on person - I don't think I'd like a 100% remote existence. At my last job I was in the office 50-60 hours a week because I loved what I did. The guy they replaced me with is 100% remote and they hate that he never understands the products or what they are doing. I like having my hands in the pie even though I don't actually make it.
I don’t think this is related to work from home IMO. Terrible employees exist/existed in the office as well. The geography of where they work (home or office) doesn’t change that.
fraschusa195.50
ASAP10225.00