View Single Post
      01-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #1477
Nextbooost
Rep

Drives: former 435, Supra, TLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
I'm trolling a bit but from a product line standpoint, the RC-F currently holds the top of the line spot of Toyota performance cars.

Entry level: GT-86 ($28K)
Mid Level: A90 Supra ($50K)
Flagship: Lexus RC-F ($80k)

Toyota execs must've seen this and decided not to make the Supra too powerful so that it did not cannibalize sales of the RC-F.

Hopefully, I am wrong, Toyota has said that they want 3 sports cars and hopefully they realized that the RC-F is a GT sedan for older sugar daddies and not close to a sports car. That would mean that there is still another sports car in the works by Toyota, maybe MR-2? but if that's the case where does it fit price wise? in between the $50k Supra and the $28k GT86?

Who knows at this point but I hope we get a $60k car with 380-400hp and some more neat stuff
Seems like grasping at straws to explain Toyotas massive stupidity and failure with this car.

Lexus and toyota are not cross shopped nor do each others strategy really effect the other. Supra should have been a performance beast while the lexus a gentleman racer a comfy yet sporty gt kinda car.

No chance in hell that the blunder that is the Supra is because they were worried about the RCF. Also it was said that Toyota wanted 3 sports cars, Lexus has nothing to do with that they do their own thing.

They should have built the Supra on a lexus platform made a rcf replacement on it and hell maybe even used the chassis to bring back the Celica while letting the 86 die off.