View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #26
DCook
Private
Rep

Drives: 91 Fox

Whens the last time some of your guys radars were updated, specifically the r3? Newer lidars have a different frequency that some models arent updated for/yet. ISP has a few new lidar units that some radars wont pickup. Some of the older v1 and 360s won't. Also the newer units have about a 5ft spread over half a mile i think, so if he nails the person next to you, yours wont go off. Especially if hes less than that the spread is less. Same with superwide KA. Which is narrow field actually, harder to detect oncoming. I can only imagine cali has newer units than us even at this point. I run a v1, and have never had issues with laser, ka or k.

-source: freinds a isp trooper, has nailed a massive ton and seen their radars and asked. And we have tested with his lidar, ka, and superwide ka.

Also, recommended to mount top left of windshield. Why? Think as most officers aim driverside oncoming, and have their ka/k radar units there. And you have a better chance of receiving a signal than center of windshield. Especially if a vehicle is in front of you blocking center. If ya think about it, it makes sense.