View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #50
tbdbitl
Rep

Drives: 2019 X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
The Star Tours Feature...

Seems like my original submission got deleted by fat fingers....

How many of you have gone to DisneyWorld or DisneyLand, and ridden on the Star Tours ride? Maybe you saw it - but perhaps not - the Disney Cast ushers you onto the ride, and hidden in a corner of the ride is a display that tells the person ready to seal you into the ride the status of every seatbelt on the ride. When all indicate that they are fastened, the person steps off, closes the door, and you're off to Endor.

I had my new X3 for several days before I noticed a small, somewhat inconspicuous red light in the center of the dashboard that looks like 3 human bodies. At first I couldn't figure out what it was for - the engine ran fine, etc,, and there were no diagnostic messages, so I wasn't too alarmed. The red light wasn't very threatening.... Then my wife got in the back seat one day while someone else rode shotgun, and when she buckled her seatbelt, the portion of the light that corresponded to her seating position changed to green! Safe to leave for Endor - all seatbelts in the second row that should be fastened were!

A neat feature that also will indicate if someone is playing with their seatbelt as well. I now wonder if there is a light to indicate that their are Ewoks in the cargo area?

JWL