View Single Post
      07-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #104
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Good video, thx for sharing; especially worth noting on Ferrari pushing the limits because of the FIA engine freeze. You can't make a slow & reliable engine faster by going to FIA for exception... but you can go to them and easily get approval to change a fast engine that is unreliable. So they essentially get to keep working on the engine reliability, you just can't work on performance.

And they highlighted how this engine freeze had hurt them over the past generation and why Ferrari powertrain was the worst in that generation, they were unable to get approval to modify it.

This also aligns to team direction, Ferrari had no intentions of winning any championships this year. They are playing a longer strategy and only wanted to make sure their cars and powertrain are competitive. Their plan was to win in 3 years and use this first year to ensure they can compete in top 3 with this generation. Well they are well ahead of plan... I would imagine overall they are very very happy and I don't think they would sacrifice their long-term plans for a short-term win this season and dial back the powertrain for some points when it would leave them shorted in long-term.

Odds of Ferrari being the new MB for this generation is quite high.
As long as MB are not at the top I am happy. I am a RB fan but also Ferrari and enjoy watching both win, but want to see Max smash any record that Ham's name is on.
NYG10744.00
M5Rick60091.50