09-08-2021, 12:32 PM   #110
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
A friend asked my DW to go along with her this morning to look at a house that she was interested in renting. The rent was 33% of the going local rate, included all utilities, and pets were welcome. INSTANT red flag for anyone with common sense.

No surprise, the open house that was allegedly taking place was not happening, there was a real estate agent's for-sale sign on the lawn, and a real estate key lockbox hanging on the front door knob indicating that it was likely a vacant property. What real estate agent holds an open house on a weekday...or at all for that matter these days? Red flag #2, and I don't even work in real estate.

I just looked on Zillow, and the house was listed for a sale price that was high enough where the rent that was being advertised wouldn't pay a mortgage even if someone put 75% down. Common sense confirmed, red flag #3.

My DW asked her where she found this listing? Fleecebook Marketplace! Obviously, some enterprising Nigerian chap saw the Zillow listing and was trying to use the hot real estate market and out-of-control local rent situation to scam people out of rent/security on a property...sight unseen...before someone else snapped up the under-priced rental......
Loooooooooooooooooooool

FaceCrook marketplace?
You can buy stuff off of there now?????
People actually enter credit card details and buy something on FaceCrook?

Just go ahead and send over your completed tax forms, SSN, birth records, driver's license, and blood sample.

May be going overboard there but…. It's FaceCrook!
vreihen1615271.00