View Single Post
      05-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
I think Jaguar XER-S is more possible, if they decides tho bring the V8 with 550hp in the small platform !?

Or if the stay with an tuned 380hp V6 than XER was the most possible moniker.
Sorry about the typo there, hit the F instead of the R.

Whatever they call it exactly, they need more than 400hp for sure. It remains to be seen if they put a V8 in this car. I'd only give it a 50/50 shot at best. They may go with a higher boost version of the V6 instead

Quote:
And about the timetable ... look at the F-Type, were the Super-Sportsmodell came together with the smaller engines from the beginning ... so I would expect early 2015 for the small Sports-JAG !?
The XE does not come to the US until 2016 which is where the OP is located.

http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/xe.html

I doubt it will be available a whole year earlier anywhere else but I suppose it's possible. I do agree that the R model (or whatever it is called) could show up at the launch with the other models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patronus86 View Post
The Audi RS4 is also a pretty good car for its $. I think the new generation has a bit more horsepower than the current M3/M4. It certainly doesn't have the track abilities of the BMW, but you said yourself that weren't worried about track days. I think the RS4 is worth your look, especially considering winters in Chicago...that AWD will come in handy.
There is no RS4 currently sold in the US. And there is no RS4 sedan available anywhere in the world today either - just the avant.
Appreciate 0