12-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
Hey guys, I have a really good friend who can get me air blue tint done on my car for $250 but I have been looking at 3m crystalline and found a guy willing to do for $500. My question is, is the 3M that much a more superior product in heat rejection? I will pay the extra if its worth it. My goal is for heat rejection, I don't care for the dark look of Window tint especially cause I like the look of my coral red from outside. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I can't comment on the Llumnar, but I do have the 3M crystalline. I selected the 3M for the same reason as you; heat and UV rejection. I didn't care about how dark it was.

I put 70% on the front doors, 50% on the rear doors and window, and 40% on the front window top strip.

I'm really happy with the 3M tint. The heat rejection is really good. The front door 70% is nearly invisible, so no hassle by the cops. The 50% is nice in the rear; it's not too bad at night either.

I plan on keeping my car for a long time, so the initial extra cost for the 3M was definitely worth it to me.
Appreciate 0