View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #151
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I think you'll be OK using 4mm cams outside (are you using 6mm because you want to monitor something in the distance?). However, 4mm amd 6mm is too much for front and rear doors. It won't work in the garage. I have a 4mm watching my rear door and deck. The rest is all 2.8mm.

Thanks. On the front, right corner of the garage, I have 2 runs of Eth. One was for monitoring one-ish side of the front (depending on camera FOV) and the other was for the other side, but also to focus on the drive way which runs up the left side of the side load garage. The latter was intended to be a 6mm dome (ie catch license plate #'s and such of people that drive up). The other 6mm was for the rear house doors but to capture the deck stairs. I was on the fence about this one.

I have no issue going to f2.8 on the others. I switched to 4mm minimum based on the inputs if others. In some cases, potential ingress points are further from the camera so I figured from a personnel ID standpoint, higher focal length might be better.