04-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #22
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Got offered a job in LA once. Just the week of being there doing consultant work for the company was enough to sway me otherwise.

Anytime we went anywhere....you might as well be prepared for the traffic. And the cost of living at the time was so much more higher than where I live now.

If I had one place I could move..it would be Alaska. We spent almost 3.5 weeks up there a few years ago. I enjoyed every moment of it!
Yeah in LA you are just paying out of your azz to even live in a cardboard box. Insane taxes and real estate prices. California has increasingly become a welfare state, and everybody who isn't super rich seems to be getting squeezed.

But at the end of the day it depends on what provides you the quality of life you desire. SoCal is incredibly beautiful and there's an endless amount of stuff to do. There aren't many parts of the country that can match it in that regard. I feel if the cost becomes too unbearable I could always head out to Miami.

Having lived in the Northwest for over a decade I have come to despise the cold and overcast/drizzling weather. The saving grace has been how modern and booming cities Seattle and Vancouver are. When you factor in the gloomy cold weather and lack of city life, I personally have no desire to even visit Alaska.

Last edited by Germanauto; 04-17-2019 at 11:52 PM..