View Single Post
      07-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Rav attempted to install it today. Unfortunately part did not fit flushly and was out of alignment when they dry fitted it. Giving Rav much credit he did NOT install the part and waited to talk to me 1st and show me the manufacturing defects. Seeing it...I agree it would have looked like shyt close up with significant gaps between the bumper and the rear diffuser so I am glad he did not install it. Will be returning the CF VRS Type II rear diffuser replica and ordering the original part...despite my fellow M3 buddy's assurances that the distributor he gave me has supplied him with multiple quality CF parts for his M3. I guess you do get what you pay for and if it looks too good to be true...then it probably is.

Thanks for the recommendation and reference. I'll be returning to them when I get the new part.
Glad it worked out. You really can't go wrong with them. Rav will tell it to you straight, he would rather let you know something is wrong then to force it and make a few bucks and you have problems later on. When and if I do a rear diffuser, I will of course have him do it.