05-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #16
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
It's like completing the circle: going from the black belt back to white (by wearing it off so that it discolours).

AFAIK, the evolution of martial arts was from attack to defence, from "brutal" shit to non-violence. Even regarding (famous) masters' personal development: they often admit practicing martial arts reduced their initial aggressiveness, turned them into peaceful people and that's the correct way to go, don't they?

Preemptive attacks are mostly for beginners, to save them from their poor defence yet. I do feel I have to consider that only due to losing confidence in my defending skills because of severe lack of practice. When you are confident you just don't need that. And when you do you just aren't.

Killing someone because you mind his way of thinking is steaming bullshit, isn't it? "We all got it coming." One shithead yelled at me just recently: "Who are you to tell me that (I must go fuck myself)?!!". The funny part is he (apparently) only lived from not knowing who I was. Less funny part is he damaged my car for not enlightening him. "At the end of the day we are likely to be punished for our kindnesses."

I agree. There has to be a balance or you can easily lose your identity.

Kind of similar to the Samurai also being master's of the opposite end of the spectrum of other things that did not include warfare.

Most of the "greats" do end up taking the path of peace. When you are confident in your ability, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

And in today's society, I assume that most people are typically armed. And that is an escalation that is best prohibited by walking away if at all possible.