View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #40
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
If working from home becomes the norm, gasoline might drop to around $0.17 per gallon. Los Angeles will have crystal clear air every day. Road rage related crimes will disappear.

It might be a good thing.
In the DC area when the lock downs first happened, the news outlets did report a significant improvement in both air and water quality (ie boating was also included in the restrictions). Currently many places are in phase 3 but still not fully open. Many companies are still work from home or modified in office schedules. I have to drive back and forth for my daughter's custody schedule along with the occasional errands. For the life of me, I can't figure out where everyone is going with the current status of the lock downs. All schools in the area are virtual except private schools. Traffic is almost back to how bad it was before the lock downs. One might say it's due to people pent up in their houses going out to various destinations. It's not. All the plates I see on the road are MD, DC, VA, and WV.

This also goes for the Eastern shore beaches. I was there this past weekend with my daughter to take in the last weekend the amusement parks are open. Tons of cars out there. I'll see how things are in a three weeks when I go back out as I have a place out there.
vreihen1615467.50