03-08-2020, 07:23 AM   #2039
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Rmtt I agree,it's frustrating simply because there are so many simple,basic movements I can not utilize due to my back/neck fusions.
Now throw the shoulder joint in the equation,that's not really held in place by anything since the rotator cuff is non-existent;which limits my exercise choices even more since most upper body movements include&require some sort of shoulder movement/stabilization.

My greatest fear is my shoulder dislocating mid-rep during a movement. I lost confidence in my shoulder joint as well as the highly recommended Orthopedist who did the surgery.
I think I'm going to work around it best I can for now and when we move to the Research Triangle N.C. area this summer,hook up with an Ortho at Duke University Health.

But thank you for the words of encouragement brother it is very much appreciated.

BTW,how far are you from Hilton Head? We have a beach home there,maybe we will train someday in the future

I'm in upstate SC near the NC border, near Landrum/Tryon.

I can understand the fear, I would be hesitant myself. Maybe once you're cleared by your doctor's and know what you can/cannot do.....you will be able to train in a way that won't harm you.

We have a guy in our gym who has had both shoulders replaced. He still does really good and he is almost 65.

I always tell him that one of the greatest classic physique's was supposedly built with light weight and high reps...just getting as much blood into the area as possible.

That guy was Serge Nubret.