Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
NP, the picture looks great. Your sig is HDR, though, right? I don't do HDR either but I'm interested in trying it. My few attempts using PS CS4 looked like crap. I think most people doing HDR images are using some other s/w to do it, but I'm not sure what they use. I've been out of the photog loop for a few years now.
I have no trouble with CS4. Are you using a tripod and taking a +2 and -2 exposure along with your base exposure? My CS4 folds them together seamlessly (pun intended). You know that you can get a variety of results by manipulating each of the layers' attributes before combining.

I've found that chosing a subject that will respond well under HDR is the issue. If the highlights and shadows go off both ends of the chart, then it's a good HDR candidate. Practice just doing HDR that doesn't look like HDR, just more like what your eye sees, bringing out detail in shadows and stopping the highlights from washing out the sky, for instance. Only a photographer would know that you used HDR. When you get good at that, then you can play around with dramatic effects, like popping colors out of a really dark setting.

Dave