Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Right - you mentioned that you have a 1 series - but then all of your comments were how BMW's DCT was bad from a global perspective (which is contrary to the vast majority of DCT owners who drive M3/M4's). I chimed in to show that your experience is contrary to most M3/M4 owners (a distinction which your posts did not mention).
I can only speak of what I know first hand which is my DCT which is the DCT installed in the 1 series. One would be able to figure out when I make my statements it's about that circumstance. So as far as I'm concerned if BMW is going to offer a technology which can't perform even the basics properly, then I don't care if it goes away. It's absolutely $hitty for them to half ass an implementation of a technology it obviously looks like they got right with the M cars. It's some sort of stupid sick joke that they are dangling a carrot in front of us with the same technology transmission saying in essence, if you want it to work 100% of the time, pay the M tax. What kind of stupid impression is that going to make on customers? You're not worthy to get hardware that works 100% of the time because you didn't buy an M car?

So I don't understand you trying to pick a fight here. You're the only one that doesn't seem to get the distinction of where my comments are coming from. And I guess the thought didn't occur to you that if non M cars get DCT transmissions it would be helping out your cause of keeping it a viable solution as there would be more volume. You would want to see BMW provide a proper implementation of the same technology with non M cars so more people would want one. But it appears you're too hung up on your elitist status of being a M owner to see this.
Like I said - now that you've explained it your comments make sense - all that was necessary was you confirming that you meant your comments as limited to your particular model/experience rather than the broad-sweeping statements you made before. People make broad sweeping generalizations all the time even though their own experience is limited to a very small subset of those generalizations. Therefore, the mere fact you mentioned that you have a 135i neither ruled in nor ruled out whether your original intention was global to all BMW DCT applications on the broad end of the spectrum - or alternatively- to just your own narrow experience (or the somewhat broader experience of 135i owners).

I'll say it again to be clear - not trying to pick a fight - but just trying to explain the source of the question of how broadly you intended to say how poor of a job BMW did on the DCT. However - your last few posts have now answered that question, so thanks for the clarification and better luck on your next transmission (sincerely - no sarcasm intended).
zx10guy5149.50