View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 03:25 AM   #1
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Best used car to own for 4-6 months?

I am currently deployed and sold my M3 before I left. I ended up cancelling to X4 M40i that I ordered for when I get back and ordered an X4M Competition instead.

The only issue with this is that my X4M won't arrive until after I have been back for a few months which means I will be car less.

I also have to move when I get back so will have something like a 2,000 mile trip.

Renting a car for 4-6 months seems like it would a massive waste of money so I was thinking about buying a used car for around $10K - 15K and the selling it when my X4M arrives.

I have become quite a regular at buying or leasing new cars but haven't really dealt with used in a long time.

I'm looking for suggestions for what type of car would be good to own for around 4-6 months that I would be able to sell for close to what I bought it for. I've been looking at used 3 series, A4s or something similar because I don't want to completely hate driving the car (some something like a Prius is out) Also, is this a bad price range to look at? Thanks