View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #39
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
I'm going to take a licensing class this summer and see how I feel after that. I'd take a more advanced course before purchasing a bike.

Part of me wants to start on a 125cc scooter and take the streets for a few months to get used to handling something on two wheels.
Both of these are excellent ideas.

Pick up a used Kawasaki Z125 or Honda Grom to thrash around on for a while and learn the fundamentals of how not to die at the inattentiveness of others.

Had a guy about 100 feet ahead of me swing off to the right side of the road like he was pulling over to park or take a phone call, only to whip a U-Turn right in front of me without looking last night. Then, on the way back from that ride I had a lady on the freeway who was literally right next to me (like, I'm even with her driver's side window, not in her blind spot) change lanes into my lane with no pause, no glance out her window, nothing. Luckily I was riding in the far left side of my lane. All of a sudden there we are, side by side sharing my lane. WTF. I laid on the horn and made eye contact. She threw her hands up like "F you, you are at fault." Insane how bad some drivers are.