05-25-2019, 06:08 AM   #29
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Does your S5 have the Dynamic Steering? Is that why it feels as light? I actually didn't mind the RS5 being light, since if I am slogging through DTLA traffic, I prefer not having the car overwork me. I was able to hear some minor burbling but you are right, at least regarding the RS5 it's very quiet, muted and I was barely able to pick that up when I was driving. Even the RS5 didn't have a lot of emotion to it, the tranny was a ZF but as my complaint with the F90 M5 is the same, ZF8 tranny is boring.

Good to know though
Honestly, if I was looking for another daily driver, I'd get another Audi because it does the mix between comfort and sport the best in my opinion. I want a sportier ride though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccoleman View Post
I have dynamic steering in my 2018 S5 I would also prefer that it was a little heavier. It's better in "dynamic" mode with a fixed ratio, but still not quite what I'd like. It doesn't seem any better or worse than the 3- or 4-series BMWs that I test drove last year (not Gxx), though.

The connectivity through the MyAudi app has gotten a little better now that vehicle status and a few other options are free now. Agreed that it was worthless before, especially with the older, buggy app.

I'm convinced that the voice recognition is no better than it was in my 2007 Lexus. I agree that it sucks and offers less integration with the car's systems than other brands. I haven't tried voice with the newer MMI versions (in the A6 and others now, coming in 2020 to the A4 line), but they claim that it's improved.
It should be interesting to see how the A5 line refresh. I uninstalled the MyAudi app, but maybe I should give it another shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.