04-28-2019, 08:22 AM   #37
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick View Post
Mine is an asymmetrical as well and I just visualize the balance of the car while positioning it to make sure the cars don't tilt, does that make sense?
It's hard to tell by the pics of your 2-post; the columns do not look like they are rotated very far. Looking at it closer now, I do see the front lift arms are a different configuration than the rears (shorter). Challenger takes a different approach to its lift design that Rotary and uses over-sized columns (compared to the Rotary), so perhaps locating the center of gravity is not as critical vs. the Rotary design. My lift is 10,000 lbs capacity. I helped install mine, and it was quite complicated to layout the centerlines for the columns and locating plate. The installer knew what he was doing he didn't even reference the installation instructions because had had done so many.

I like your shop BTW.

Regarding your driveway comment, right now I have "storage" for 6 cars if I want. I built a 3-car carport and my shop can store 3 cars ( 2 - doubled-up on the lift if I want to damage the suspension of one ) and a motorcycle or two. If I need more storage I can build another carport if I need to, I have plenty of room.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-28-2019 at 08:36 AM..