View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #1
dbldare
Rep

Drives: 2012 X5M

What are the little things you love about your BMW?

"It's the little things..."

Hey all. As you all know, BMW prides itself on building the Ultimate Driving Machine, and that is focused on the driver, of course. I wanted to get an idea of what "little things" you love about driving your BMW - things that most other people wouldn't notice.

To get things started, here are a few things I love about driving my BMW:

1) I noticed that while the rear wiper is on, it's in delay mode. However, put your vehicle in reverse and it switches to wiping without delay (because you need it). After backing up, put it back in drive and the wiper goes back to delayed mode.

2) I have an X5m with the yellow and red line on the permitter of the tachometer. When I cold start it, the yellow line will drop all the way down to 5,000rpms. However, as the SAV warms up the yellow line slowly rises to 6,500rpms. This is actually reflected on my Heads-Up Display as well, but the red line drops down and slowly increases as the truck warms up.

3) I use the "Auto Hold" feature all the time. When I first saw it, I thought, "This isn't a manual, I don't need hill assist. Why on Earth would I ever use that?" Call me lazy, but I love it and use it all the time.

Pretty cool stuff. What are yours?

dbl