View Single Post
      12-29-2022, 09:25 PM   #700
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Overall, IMO, most wineries in Napa are over rated. Pretty much if you have tasted one Napa Cab, you have tasted them all. Now of course, as with anything, there are exceptions to the rule! But SINCE they have the recognition they think its fine to overcharge for so so wines. In all honesty, you can find just as good, if not better wines in Sonoma County for a fraction of the price. Although, recently that word has been getting out and their prices are going up a little as well. You want a Napa sourced cab but don't want to pay 200 bucks a bottle, go to Sonoma County. A friend of mine has a Mt. Veeder Cab for about $76 bucks. Again, to each their own, but there are excellent options out there.

I'm pretty sure you are correct that overall, Sonoma wines tend to be less expensive than Napa wines. But there are many exceptions in both direction. There are amazing Napa wines that are more affordable and some very average Sonoma wines that are expensive.

Living close to the area, we go to both Napa and Sonoma to wine taste and buy wine. Personally, I don't favor one over the other. I think it's a matter of finding wines you like at a price you think is worth it, regardless of which valley it comes from.

If I had to pick a single go-to winery in the area for right-priced amazing wines across the board it would probably be Rombauer in Napa. Check out their pricing and try a bottle or two if you get a chance.

By the way, Mt Veeder Winery is in Napa Valley.
RickFLM410997.00