12-15-2023, 10:37 PM   #90
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Let’s see… a lot pushed to the end of this year:

First trip ever to a dermatologist right before Thanksgiving. He removed a few slices, but all negative.

Had 5 year colonoscopy on Monday, 12/4 (due to polyp in previous one). Nothing found this time. I do find the prep to be difficult because I always seem to get sick during it, but really not a choice to be made - gotta do it.

The following Monday, 12/11, I started the process of a dental implant (or bionic tooth as I have decided to call it). First step was removing the loose crown, digging out the remnants of roots left behind from a root canal 15+ years ago and bone graft. (Pics omitted) Getting the roots out was rough and involved my dentist apply heavy pressure to my lower jaw on and off for about an hour, from which I still have not fully recovered. Between headaches and nausea from either the jaw trauma, antibiotics or Tramadol, I missed about 3 days of work this week, but much better now and getting stitches removed Monday. Supposedly, everything that comes next should be easy compared to last Monday. We’ll see.

Annual eye exam today. I wear reading glasses, but still 20/20 at age 55 and told I have excellent eye health. (They diluted my pupils and I drove home with sunglasses.)

Next Monday I am also going to see a new podiatrist to see WTF is going in with my left foot. Diagnosed with plantar fasciitis back in the spring, which got better but then foot swelled up and I was referred to a vascular surgeon who ruled out anything vascular causing it. Back to podiatrist, who ordered an MRI, which showed a tear in the plantar fascia and bone marrow edema. Walking boot for 6 weeks, which ended a couple of months ago. It is much better pain and swelling-wise but not 100% so getting another set of eyes on it.

Finally, I end up with my primary care physical the day after Christmas.

All in all, I really can’t complain. Definitely accumulating some relatively minor aches and pains (and doctors) as I get older, but fortunately still nothing drastic. I am a picky eater and don’t eat particularly well, but much better than I did 10+ years ago and try to exercise (mostly walking, which has been impacted by the foot issue). I think the #1 things to do are go to get an annual physical, get screenings when required and take the Rx when you need it (BP for me). My doctor tells me I wouldn’t believe how many people don’t get an annual physical, including checking BP and blood tests, much less get a colonoscopy or other screenings on schedule.

(Also got latest COVID and flu shots and keep tetanus updated. Haven’t gotten shingles vaccine because I never had chicken pox as a kid and got the chicken pox vaccine as an adult.)
What prep did they have you do for your colonoscopy? I remember my CRC surgeon had me use a prescription only prep called Moviprep. The thing was nasty and I cold barely down the crap. Others have used one called Golytely. Whoever named it has some sick sense of humor.

My GI doc had me use a concoction I put together with Dulcolax, Miralax, and Gatorade. Much easier to take down.
RickFLM410991.00