View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
Flump
Private
Rep

Drives: 440xiGC, 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_335d View Post
Seems odd that they have a huge robotic arm lifting the roof up and moving it across a hoover! I'm sure there must be some hidden logic but would it not be easier to move the small hoover nossle across the roof!?!

Like the fact that even his label printer is sporty... It was called an "Z4 M Plus"

Impressive process, there's no chance of me making a few of these in the shed anytime soon!
Manufacturing process engineer checking in here. Two possible reasons why. I can't tell exactly what that cleaner is, but it looks like it also is some sort of plasma treatment for surface adhesion as well as a vacuum. Because this requires electrical and fluid hookups it's probably not as easy to move that thing without a bunch of extra wire/hose. Also, because the robot already is there to transport the CF to its next step, you can take advantage of the 6-axis robot's ability to turn the CF piece and keep it perfectly square to the surface cleaner, and you can also do it in one, albeit long, step.

Granted, there are a few areas in the video I think could be done a little quicker/better, but then again, i work in the audio industry, which is SO different from this, and I assume the engineers on this know what they are doing.
CPTM343.50