View Single Post
      06-22-2015, 10:46 PM   #63
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I bought it from Wrightwood Surveillance. They currently show it as out of stock. Not sure when they'll get more. And they'll be more expensive than Aliexpress.

It depends. This is the way I view having an NVR. It's pretty important to locate the NVR in a place where a thief can't get their hands on it easily. To me that's the most important thing with having an NVR. Next if you can easily route the Ethernet drops for the cameras to the hidden location of the NVR, then that would provide another layer of protection. You can put a UPS on the NVR which would then be able to keep the cameras powered up.

In regards to the 2.8 mm lens, make sure you're ok with the distance limitation of what is acceptable in doing facial recognition. Here's a review of the 2532 on Network Camera Critic. http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2158 He has a paragraph discussing the 2.8mm lens on this camera.

"Lens choice is personal, but consider the wider angle the lens, the less pixel density of a suspect or object. In practical terms, in my driveway, in 3MP mode, I reached what I consider the minimum pixel density to identify someone at a distance of about 25′ from the camera. With a 2.8mm lens, that shrinks to about 15′. Based on industry standards, a suspect’s face should at least be 85 pixels tall. Indoors, where space is limited by walls, having the 2.8mm lens, from a corner can provide complete coverage of a room."
Does wrightwood surveillance offers US version with warranty? Similar to Nelly's security?

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get my cameras wired. My house is so complex to wire since it does not have an attic. I wish I can just hide the NVR but since it would be so difficult to run PoE around it might just be in plain sight.

I wish they make wider lens. Like the Dropcam Pro which gives 130 degrees. I understand the limitation of wider angles. But I only need to monitor about 15-20 feet away but a lot of width. That is why I might need to go with 2 2.8mm cameras.