01-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #6269
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I go for hours every weekend with my 70-200mm on the 5D2 around my neck and the 500mm in my right or left hand. The 24-105mm is a vest pocket and the TC and ET have their own pockets. You'll not hear me crying anymore about the shot I missed because all I had was my 105mm.

Oh, in fairness, I should mention that my 70-200mm is f/4. If I were a wedding photog it'd be a 2.8, but I didn't see the point of the extra weight.

Dave
comparing the 70-200 F4 to the 2.8 is hard, but I've noticed (it seems) that i get more contrast out of the 2.8. There's also considerably more vignetting and just being able to get that extra bukeh with ease is nice. And not to mention, 20 more minutes of shooting time in the evening

but overall, it is a very cumbersome lens. I don't really mind as the weight on my shoulders isn't too bad, but that being said, I put it on the black rapid strap, so the weight is spread a whole lot better.

The 70-200 F4, I would recommend in a heartbeat. But, just as strongly as the 2.8 Both are incredible, but the flexibility of the 2.8 won the day for me and that's why I parted with my F4.