View Single Post
      06-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #551
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
We all wore a sleeve. It still hurts sometimes. I’m not the handler. I think he was gone for three months for training. The dog was already trained. The dog will go after whoever the handler tells him to go after. I had a dog way early in my career. I’m too old now. I don’t want to do it anymore.

I play with this dog 3-4 days a week, the dog plays with my pet Husky and my daughter (I take the dog when the handler goes on vacation, saves on boarding costs) but the second he gave the command to get me, the dog got me.
I don't understand - isn't this your dog? Or are you saying that he's still in training, and you'll get him back later?

If so, how long is the training? You said you thought about three months above - I'm guessing that is to date - how much longer till he's done and back?

Are you pleased so far? Was it fairly costly? As you can tell, I've been intrigued by this for a while. Have been thinking a little bit about it in case we get a Shepherd for the next dog, but that is hopefully still another 5 years or so (hopefully).