View Single Post
      04-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #177
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
funny you mention this. i have no idea why, but the current gen x5 has really caught my attention. i just leased an f30, but i'm already contemplating what my next car will be and honestly the x5m is fitting the bill so nicely.

thoughts? i want the m for sure because of the performance. after only two weeks with my 328i i'm itching for something more "fun". love the car and it does exactly what i want it to do, but miss driving something fun and luxurious at the same time hence why i've been drooling over the x5m.
dude, I think the new F15s is a huge step forward over the E70. Of course the classic complaint is with the electrical steering on all current gen BMWs. People who owned both (non-M versions) all have said, you just get used to it, and bc they don't do performance driving, it's pretty much not a negative factor.

That said, I can't comment on the M car. Personally, I would never buy a 5500 lb "performance car". I can say that, the 35i, 35d and 50i were all vastly improve in all aspects. But for a 35d customer like me, I'm more interested in interior/exterior features and MPGs over HP, which all got a big bump up.

Can you swing the payments and depreciation on the X5M? It's pretty unforgiving. I can barely swallow the depreciation on the current E70...yikes, my car depreciated a good $6k in the past calendar year alone, and probably eat another $4 this calendar year...and that's taking into account CA pricing and CPO tags.