08-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #51
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
From what I understand, it's more important for that ticket to not show up on your driving record at all. If it's a moving violation but the court just knocks off the points, it does nothing as your insurance company can still see the ticket on your driving record if they do a pull.

This is for the State of Maryland. But if you have a clean driving record and go to court, you can request a probation before judgement. Some judges will just grant this some won't. What a PBJ does is it keeps that ticket from being reported on your official driving record. The police will still see it in their system but when your driving record is being pulled by your insurance company, they won't see it. After a year and you stay clean, the ticket just drops off as if it never happened. If you end up with another moving violation, that PBJ ticket will be fully instated along with you facing the full consequences of the new ticket.

I got my mother off a running a stop sign ticket with a PBJ. Just had to pay court costs.
I’m not too worried about insurance. My cars are titled to my places in NC and SC so my insurance costs are insanely low compared to what they were when I lived up north. But obviously goal number one is no points at all. I stupidly was honest with the douche cop and said I was doing 75 though... which is traffic speed on he turnpike every day but I guess that’s a real offense now lol

An they wonder why everyone is flocking in droves to the south