View Single Post
      08-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #48
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
The most important thing is not getting any points which I think is your case.

I would not have made an inquiry concerning the cops behavior. For a few reasons. We all have bad days and say stupid things unintentionally or intentionally.

Always felt the state cops main reason was drug and human trafficking interdiction and they choose which cars to pull over due to stereotyping and I'm not bothered by that and with the general mood with a large part of the public concerning cops and defunding and protest,
From what I understand, it's more important for that ticket to not show up on your driving record at all. If it's a moving violation but the court just knocks off the points, it does nothing as your insurance company can still see the ticket on your driving record if they do a pull.

This is for the State of Maryland. But if you have a clean driving record and go to court, you can request a probation before judgement. Some judges will just grant this some won't. What a PBJ does is it keeps that ticket from being reported on your official driving record. The police will still see it in their system but when your driving record is being pulled by your insurance company, they won't see it. After a year and you stay clean, the ticket just drops off as if it never happened. If you end up with another moving violation, that PBJ ticket will be fully instated along with you facing the full consequences of the new ticket.

I got my mother off a running a stop sign ticket with a PBJ. Just had to pay court costs.