View Single Post
      07-25-2007, 02:55 AM   #9
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Then go for it. Our government has been selling American jobs away for the past 3 decades, and the auto industry is one of the most prominent getting bit. I feel that me buying a single car I'm not thrilled about isn't helping anything.

If they (the US auto companies) made a product I truly felt good about, I'd get it. If the Camaro does that for you.. be happy and get it.
I agree with your statement above. It's not that I'm ethnocentric, I'm not. I've just had a lot of realizations lately about life and whats important, and spending a heap on a car most certainly isn't one of them. I shared my thoughts on this and very few if any responded, and my thoughts are basically this: I'm going to pay over $30k for a premium compact car that I plan on keeping for a very long time, eventually the warranty will expire and I'll be the one footing the bill for everything, and BMW's by and large are not cheap to run(and not entirely gear head friendly). The Camaro would prove to be a fairly inexpensive long term proposition, but then I'm afraid that in order to feel good about buying an American muslce car it would be a V8, and I already have high expectations where fuel economy is concerned(at least 24 combined), so high that it would probably be called unreasonable by those "in the know". So looking ahead, I'm stuck with a real problem, because very few cars outside of the 1er have the quality, handling, and design that the 1er does with European sophistication.