Thread: BMW Floor Mats
View Single Post
      09-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Alright, so I seem to be the only one interested in these, but I went ahead and bought them anyway.

Thus far, I like them a lot. They match well with the carpet and sizing. I'm attaching some pix. The one in the car didn't turn out great. I was just using my phone. I did cut off the rubber tab that is on each mat opposite the metallic logo. You'll see it in the pix. There isn't any indicator to remove that tab, but they look strange with it on there. The tab just says "BMW", and you already have that on the metallic strip on each mat.

They are very thick, probably twice as thick as the standard mats. They also have a rubber backing as opposed to the carpet backing that is on the standard. They seem like they'll hold up better. Time will tell. The driver side is about 1/2 to 1 inch shorter at the "top" end that fits up under the dash. I didn't really notice a fit difference as a result; I just happened to hold them up to the old for comparison.

One nice thing is that each came with extra floor-side velcro circles, which I can later use as spares in case I ruin the ones that came with the truck.
Attached Images